Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Garden Angel

 
 
I've completed another project, and have just about finished my table topper.......I'll be able to show you that completed by tomorrow.  I just ran out of steam before I had added the final border.
 
 
Here she is ready to watch over your garden.....the wall hanging is approximately 22 inches x 34 inches.  The flag, flowers and the bird are from wool.  This a fairly quick little summer project.  Speaking of gardens, I visited my daughter Abbie's garden yesterday.  She has garden boxes full of vegetables......the most exciting thing of all are her heirloom tomatoes.  The flavor of the heirloom tomatoes are over the top delicious.  Add some fresh mozzarella, basil, EVO and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction,  and life is "oh so sweet"......I forgot to place all of the above on a bed of arugula.  Yum!

 
Doesn't this look like Autumn?  I'm not wishing away time.....but these colors definitely have me thinking about something to make for fall.  These are the Marcus wools all felted and ready to use. 
 
"The kiss of the sun for pardon.  The song of the birds for mirth.  One is closer to God in the garden, than anywhere else on earth."  -Dorothy Franes Blomfield Garney
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Sweet wall hanging with your lovely angel!
    and your new wools are vibrant colors. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wool! My favorite medium and your pile looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the garden angel is absolutely adorable!...and the wool....yum...wish I could take a bite out of those tomatos :)

    ReplyDelete