Thursday, October 1, 2015

And the show goes on.....

 
 
 
 
A few more quilts to share with you today.

 
 
The paisley design reminds me of the novel by Sandra Dallas, called 'The Persian Pickle Club.'  This is one of the many of her novels which I have enjoyed.


This quilts certainly represents an abundance of hand work.  Just amazing.
 

 

 

 




Wow!  What a bunch of little berries to applique.
 

 



 

 
I love Amish quilts.
 


 
See quilt below.
 
 
My, how this week is flying by fast.  Fall weather is dragging it's feet in arriving.  I'm looking forward to cool crisp days that are still warmed a bit by the sun.  It is just about October and we have been in the upper 80's.
 
Attitude
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think so say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company... a church.... a home.  The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.  I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.  And so it is with you.... we are in charge of our attitudes." 
-Charles Swindoll


1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your little quilt show the past few days. Thanks for sharing the photos as well as the write ups on the quilts. I am sure i will never get to that museum but it was nice to visit it with you!

    ReplyDelete