Friday, November 13, 2015

Happy Homecoming......

 
 
I was happy to be home again and those at home were happy to see me.  I guess I'm back just in time to wish everyone a perfect fall week end.  I returned to winter.  I had been told about the snow, so I put on several layers of clothing and was thankful for every layer when I waited on the curb at the airport for my ride.  My time was spent stitching, reading and napping.  A perfect restful combination.  We did squeeze in a little shopping adventure which I will share with you.
 
 
We left early and stopped for breakfast in Idaho Falls.  The above picture tells the story....we ran into snow, and Julie being a California girl became excited.

 
Our first stop was at the Quilt Crossing in Boise.  This is a marvelous shop that is spacious, well organized and has something wonderful for everyone.  I found all kinds of inspiration there.

 
Bright, bold and beautiful.
 
 
I've always thought this design was interesting and this fabric choice makes it look quite vintage.


 
This is a cheerful BOM.

 
This clever little angel tool caddy, I found to be charming.

 
Perfect for the cabin get a way.

 
Contemporary circles.

 
There was a large section of the store dedicated to wooly goodness.

 
This has been just a starting introduction, I will have more for you next Monday.
 
The monthly drawing for free patterns will be next week Wednesday.
 
Since Thanksgiving is almost here I want to focus my quotes on thankfulness.  I have been enjoying a book I picked up in a fantastic book shop in The Dalles, Oregon.  I could have spent hours in that shop browsing......it's a dream for those who love books.  The book is called "Giving Thanks", poems, prayers, and praise songs of Thanksgiving.  The author is Katherine Paterson, and the beautiful book is illustrated by Pamela Dalton.
 
"Thou that has given so much to me, give thing more - a grateful heart."  -George Herbert
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Well Norma! If Id'a knowed you were comin' Id'a baked you a cake! Them there are very familiar stompin' grounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that certainly whet my appetite for MORE!!! Looking forward to more posts next week!

    Love the appliqued pumpkins wall hanging/table runner in the middle of that cupboard. Gorgeous shop!

    ReplyDelete