Thursday, November 26, 2015

Tis the day......

 
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all.  The turkey is out of the brine, stuffed and in the turkey roaster.  The roll dough is rising, hubby is peeling potatoes, my French Silk chocolate pie is made, Grandpa will be coming soon with his home made pumpkin pies, and all of our cherished family and friends will be bringing a goodie to add to the mix.  My heart is over flowing today.  I am a most fortunate person.  I am thrilled for all of you who have supported and encouraged me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
 
 
Yesterday I told you that I had lost the picture I had taken of Brenda, well I found it.  Thought you might like to see the person behind all of that talented stitching.

 
These awesome slippers were delivered to my door by my dear friend Leslie.  She has been a knitting whirling dervish!  Isn't the label neat?  Today after all the eating is done and the relaxing starts, I plan on putting these on and cuddle up with a quilt.
 
"In gratitude for your own good fortune you must render in return some sacrifices of your life for others.
It is thanking God for your life by living it triumphantly.
It is thanking God for your talents and abilities by accepting them as obligations to be invested for the common good.
It is thanking God for all that men and women have done for you by doing things for others.
It is thanking God for opportunities by accepting them as challenge to achievement.
It is thanking God for happiness by striving to make others happy.
It is thanking God for beauty by helping to make the world more beautiful. 
It is thanking God for inspiration by trying to be an inspiration to others.
It is thanking God for health and strength by the care and reverence you show your body.
It is thanking God for the creative ideas that enrich life by adding your own creative contributions to human progress.
It is thanking God for each new day by living it to its fullest.
It is thanking God by giving hands, arms, legs, and voice to your thankful spirit.
It is adding to your prayers of thanksgiving, acts of thanks living."
-Albert Schweitzer
 
This will give me something to focus on.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  :-)
 


2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for quilt designers like YOU who inspire me to pick up needle and thread! I cannot begin to imagine my life without stitching so I THANK YOU! Have the best Thanksgiving EVER!
    Big Thanksgiving Day HUG!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote! I'm thankful for you and other bloggers providing so much inspiration that my heart and hands are full. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete