Monday, December 14, 2015

Quilt Mania.....

 
 
 
Did you know that Quilt Mania has another beautiful publication?  It is called, Simply Moderne.  My spell check his pondering the spelling of Modern :-)  Who would ever expect one of my quilt designs to be featured in it....
 
 
The Magazine is beautifully done, which is the trade mark of their publications.

 

 
While I was sewing this quilt, the thought did occur to me that it was a design, which had a contemporary feel as well as a traditional one.

 

 
And then, there was one of my designs in the Simply Vintage magazine.  It had slipped my mind, because the contracts are signed way prior to the publications coming out.  I get involved with life and then I have this pleasant surprise when the magazines arrive.


 
This particular quilt has been well traveled.  Too bad I wasn't always there to accompany it.



 
There was an article in the Simply Moderne magazine written by Mark Lipinski, called Slow Stitching.  I was so excited to read it, because it validated my feelings about quilting.  I want to share a few of the comments that I highlighted.  "The slow stitching movement has little to do with actually stitching slowly.  As a matter of fact, the entire worldwide slow movement, from slow food, to travel, to reading, church, parenting, and dozens more, is about advancing our understanding of what and how we approach our day to day living and creative process.  Taking a breath and stitching with intention is taking a step to gain physical, creative, spiritual, and financial benefits through are creative process.  Slowing down and being present will not only up your quilting game, it can transform every part of your life."
 
I imagine this is why a picture of a group of women around a quilting frame appeals to me so much.  Women coming together for friendship and to support each other through life's trials.  Quilting is such a peaceful and gentle art.  My quilting as seen me through many difficulties in this journey of life.  Our quilts have many stories to tell.  As I reflect on some of my quilts, I recall different times in my life.  So readers, slow done and enjoy the journey......and do not forget to label your quilts!
 
"Love is contagious.  When I share love, it comes back to me multiplied."  -Louise Hay

4 comments:

  1. I particularly love your inter wonderland . Have a Nice slow quilting day .Hugs from France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are all so wonderful that I am not surprised that they are showcased in these great magazines. I especially love that you shared Mark Lipinski's comment about Slow Stitching and I wholeheartedly agree that quilting is an art that should be thoroughly enjoyed as a 'peaceful and gentle art' rather than rushing through each one (but sometimes it is SOOOOO hard to slow down though! ;o))
    Great post today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so interesting that Mark's Slow stitching article really spoke to you as well as me. I came across it the first time several months ago. I really would like to check out the Slow stitching magazine that is do out January 2016. I recently came across that issue of Simply Moderne and it had to come home with me. I never considered myself a modern quilter, but so many quilts in that issue just brought a smile to my face. My focus for this coming year is going to be Simplify life and embrace the slow stitching movement. I think it can be applied to so many aspects of life. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, love both your quilts!
    You might want to check out this website
    http://svaddict.canalblog.com/
    (SV stands for Simply Vintage - it's a "collaborative" website for readers addicted to the Simply Vintage magazines!)
    As you can see, quite a few quilters are sewing (along) your Winter Wonderland from the pattern in Simply Vintage #17. Congratulations on such a successful pattern!

    ReplyDelete