Monday, January 4, 2016

A new year.....

 
 
 
....and a brand new week.  :-)
 
 
First of all, I've received many comments about not finding Bits and Bobs on Face Book.  Just go to Face Book and type in Bits and Bobs.  If you still have difficulties, email me and I will refer your email to Julie Kursave the administrator of the group and she will help you.
 
 
I spent the long week end making kits and getting them ready for mailing.  There was a little bit of time for family, and hanging out with my adorable grand dogs......I enjoyed a nap with one of them curled under a quilt with me.
 
 
 
This perfectly lovely quilt was on the bed at the vacation home where Julie and I spent some time this past fall.  Traditional quilts like this one give me a feeling of cozy comfort.

 
Julie purchased this pipe rack when we were browsing through antique stores.  No, she has not taken up pipe smoking, nor has her husband.  She had a the fantastic fore sight to see it's possibilities.  She will make a pincushion to place in the ashtray area, Hang her scissors through the pipe openings, and arrange spools of her most used threads in the indentations below. What a lot of cleverness!  Now I'm hoping she will soon get this accomplished and that she will share it with us.  Oh yes, she also found this little Singer oil can......so cute!  I did not get a picture of the old wooden wine rack that Brenda found, which will make a perfect holder for her rolling pin collection.  We enjoyed the hunt!

 
I was smitten with this adorable little recipe booklet.  The copy wright is 1936.  The thing that caught at my heart strings and emotions was the little notes the owner had written in next to the recipes.  Comments like, very good, must make again, etc.  It reminds me of recipes that I have that are written in my mom's hand or in one written by a friend.  That personal touch makes them so much more special.  And that is being lost with todays technology, where we take a picture of a recipe and email it.

 
I also purchased this bobbin and the tin to hang on my wall.  I have a cluster of berries in it, and I love it.

 
And this copper pot which was only 12.00, and was my other purchase and very good deal! :-)
 
"May the coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness.  I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -write or draw or build or sing (or stitch or quilt) or live as only you can.  And I hope somewhere in the next year you surprise your self."
-Neil Gaiman
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Neat finds. And the floral on the cover of the book would look good in wool for a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Norma, I find two sites on FB when I search Bits and Bobs but neither seem to have anything to do with needlecraft. Would love to see it if there's any further assistance. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...the pipe rack turned pincushion/scissor rack is brillant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed! it looks so comfy to use with, just like me I prefer traditional style. It seems that your new year looking good :D.

    Buy Haberdashery Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are lots of sites with Bits and Bobs in the title but can't find anything that looks like your site. help! My email stewart.maryjane2668@yahoo.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want to find your site. Sent a message 3 days ago, but no reply yet.

    ReplyDelete