Monday, February 1, 2016

Checking in before I leave again.....

 
 
This is a retreat that we quilters look forward to every year at this time.  We travel to Ruby's Inn at the entrance to Bryce National Park.  It is a beautiful place to gather with other quilters and re new friendships, and inspire each other.  I will take pictures and report back to you.  I've been gone so much lately that I have a lot of catching up to do when I'm home. We are having fresh falling snow, so we are hoping for safe travels, and that the roads will be clear.
 
 
I will finish up with the photos which I have from Village Dry Goods in Brigham City, Utah.  I love the soft and mellow colors used in this quilt.

 
The traditional look which I love and appreciate.

 
In the patriotic theme.....

 
....and one more unique one.

 
This very special little Halloween quilt is by Under The Garden Moon, which is located at Orem, Utah.  The owner of the store is Amy McClellan, and the name of the store is American Quilting.  Amy has wonderful patterns and designs.
 
 
Another traditional design.

 
This design has beautiful wool applique.

 
This is another design by Under The Garden Moon.

 
Nothing like a log cabin quilt.

 
Some special Christmas wool designs.

 
 

 
Bare roots embroidery designs are always sweet.

 
One last picture of many special items.  I'm happy that I have a feather weight sewing machine......it does a perfectly wonderful straight stitch.
 
"To laugh often and love much; to  win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
 
I hope to back with you on Feb. 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment