Tuesday, February 9, 2016

More from Bryce .....

 
 
 
 
The first class I taught was Gathering Hearts, along with Sharing Hearts.  I enjoyed so much helping the ladies make a bowl of hearts for themselves.  Some wanted to give them to friends and family members for Valentines day.  Some would be stuffed with walnut shells and used as pin cushions.  I had a bag of red wool scraps left over from cutting kits.....  these scraps worked out nicely for many of the hearts.  This bowl of hearts is on my table.


 
Here are some of the hearts in progress.


 
At the retreat I met Aniva Willoughby for the first time and loved
sharing with her the hexagon border I was working on for on one of my projects.  She sent me this photo of a quilt she has recently completed.  Isn't it fabulous?!

 
She also sent this close up look.  Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

 
I wanted to share a couple of pictures of Julies cats.  They are so sweet.  This is there bed on top of this beautiful cabinet.

 
However, Molly was preferring Julie's sewing basket instead.
 
I am just finishing my tile quilt.  I've added the last border today, and am ready to deliver it to my quilter.  I started a new pieced quilt at the retreat.  Next week I teach in Moab, Utah and the following week in Arizona......so I have no time to waste.  Speaking of time, I will finish with this quote.
 
"Time is an equal opportunity employer.  Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day.  Rich people can't buy more hours.  Scientists can't invent new minutes.  And you can't save time to spend it on another day.  Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving.  No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have as entire tomorrow."
-Denis Waitley
 
In regard to the above quote.....I spent two afternoons at the retreat, when I was not teaching, napping.......and I do not consider that wasting time.  I enjoyed it so completely, and decided it was a perfect opportunity to catch up.  Now, is the tomorrow and I'm busy at it once again! :-)


5 comments:

  1. Love the houses in the photos! I own 4! My hubby said no cats though! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I couldn't stand it. Just had to order the hearts patterns. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hearts in the bowl are so cute, and Aniva's quilt is gorgeous. Wish I had the patience to attempt something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the quilts. Those hearts are gorgeous!! Do you have a kit for them. I have to make them!!!!! Thanks for sharing, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your Hearts, love the possibilities! Cats sure know where and how to be comfy!!

    ReplyDelete