Thursday, February 11, 2016

The road to......

 
 
......California continues.
 
 
Our first booth which we visited was, Carriage Country Quilts in Washington state.  I took some pictures of the Harold Turpin houses.  I purchased the one pictured here.  They have a light which shines through the window.  This house has a birdhouse attached to the other end of the house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was pleased to see my pattern for Counting Sheep in their booth made into a pillow.
 
 
Believe there is a great power silently working, by Nutmeg Hare.
 
 
I fell in love with this stitchery done on the dark brown fabric.
 
 
Isn't this a darling spring hanging just so sweet and adorable?! 
The bird and the trees are also crafted by Harold Turpin.
 
 
What a lot of piecing! 
 
 
I loved the soft and feminine appeal of this quilt.
 
 
There booth was filled with marvelous creations.  They are getting ready to offer my Garden Whimsey pattern as a block of the month.
 
"If you have a talent, use it in every which was possible.  Don't hoard it.  Don't dole it out like a miser.  Spend it lavishly, like a millionaire intent on going broke."
 
-Brenda Francis
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I hope to make it to Road one of these years - love all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posing pictures from Road, I was unable to go this year so do appreciate seeing what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the name of the Christmas Creche Wool Pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny that you posted this! I own four of these houses already. I actually bought the one that looks like a schoolhouse. I really wanted a church and when I went back the next day, they'd had one with ached windows that looked more like a church, so they let me exchange it. I was there at 9 am opening day, and there was only one other lady in the booth. I almost bought the log cabin one that you posted as well, but the rest of mine are white. I also purchased one of the trees and I have a white fence already with 2 crows on it. I love these houses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great quilt shop and I always look forward to seeing it when I attend the Quilter's Anonymous quilt show in Munro, Wash. each year. Hope they'll be there this year.

    ReplyDelete