Monday, April 11, 2016

A joyful week end......



My two daughters and I went shopping together......and did we ever have fun!  I wanted to treat them to a bit of a shopping spree.  :-)  They were both able to spruce up their summer look, and it made me very happy to spend the time with them.  Then we joined the guys for brunch followed by a tour of the new law school at the University of Utah.  Chad will be graduating from there soon.


Abbie and Chad live very close to the law school and quite close to this restaurant.  On our walk over to the restaurant I saw this very cute pig weather vane and just knew that you'd like to see it too.


While we were waiting for Chad to walk over from the law school, I had Bruce and Abbie pose for a picture.


The restaurant is located in an old fire station.



The building has been wonderfully renovated.


Chad, was so pleased to give us a tour of the new law building, which was opened for his senior year.




A glimpse of spring out side of the entrance.


There was a wall of the law professors from the past, and Abbie wanted to make sure I saw this guy......she thinks he looks straight out of Hog Warts from Harry Potter!


This building is the greenest building in Salt Lake City.....and has a marvelous view from the upper deck.  In fact there are fabulous views from all of the class rooms.


The electricity is provided by these solar panels.  The lights came on and off automatically as we went from room to room.  Very efficient and very cool!


The flooring outside has a system where all of the water collects between these cracks and is collected to be recycled.

I realize this has nothing to do with quilting, but I thought you might fine it as interesting as I did.  I regret that I did not get pictures of our food.....as it was fantastic!!  I always enjoy looking at good food.  :-)

"Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance.  This is the law of nature."
-Steve Maraboli

1 comment:

  1. What a great building! I love all of the thought put into making it a 'green' building. My education and career was in the environmental protection/conservation field and I just love seeing things like this. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete