Monday, April 18, 2016

Inspiration from French quilters.......




I imagine many of you are familiar with Quilt Mania's latest publication.  It is call Simply Moderne.


This was my quilt Amish Grace which was featured in one of the publications.


The photo was striking against the black wall and with the red sofa.



A sweet French lady who reads my blog contacted me about a group of quilters doing a quilt along from my quilt featured in the magazine.


This photo was the artistic creation of Nadege.


This lovely quilt is by Valerie.


This cozy looking approach to the same pattern is made by Michele, using plaids and finished off with the flying geese border which looks like arrows pointing to the corner circle.  Very charming!

I will have more of their quilts to share with you this week.  I appreciate their generosity of spirit and time to send pictures of their quilts for us to enjoy.

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives.  We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us.  We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something.  We have to learn to be content with what we are."  -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

As I mentioned last week these quotes by Marjorie Hinckley were shared with me by Sandi Wilhite


3 comments:

  1. I love all the different looks of your Amish Grace. Proves once again that quilters have their own shared nationality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely versions of your quilt design. I love the one in plaids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Norma for your post. I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete