Friday, July 29, 2016

More adventures....





One of my favorite places to visit is Summers Past in the San Diego area.  And, this time when we visited there was an additional bonus.......there was a craft show, antiques, home crafted jewelry and many other goodies.


A gorgeous burst of color at the entrance....


The country style gardens are beautiful.


A musician to serenade us.


Treasures were just anxiously waiting for us to discover them!


Once again, an assortment of interesting stuff.  My eye was busily surmising the potential, but oh my, how would I ever get it home.....my overhead on the airplane was already filled to capacity, and maybe partially over my neighbors seat also!



Yes, indeed.....the birds are welcome.  People are so creative.


I enjoyed just looking and admiring, but I was passing on a plethora of treasures!


I could have bought suitcases to fill...but many of the things just wouldn't fit.


Quilts.....


My heart was pitter pattering.....beautiful hand quilting!



Julie found this awesome picnic basket.....and I will share with you In more depth what is tucked away in my bag

"Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts."
-Paranahansa Yogananda



3 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of another fun place we enjoy visiting. In the area between Placerville, California and some of the little nearby communities to the east is an area known as AppleHill. You can drive from farm to farm during the harvest season, enjoying fresh produce, sweet treats, scenic rolling hills overlooking vineyards, forested areas, kids activities and artists and vendors. There's not enough time in one day to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very much enjoying your posts about these quilt shops and treasure shows! This show at Summers Past looks to be full of so many happy temptations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think I would've rented a car to get home with all my purchases! LOL To heck with the plane.

    ReplyDelete