Monday, August 8, 2016

A busy fun filled weekend......




.....several different family members came to visit to continue with the birthday celebration for Bruce's dad.  Reaching eighty-eight years old is definitely something to celebrate.  There were twenty-two of us all together.  One evening we gathered for pizza and for catching up with each others families.  One of the grandsons was staying up at Snowbird Ski Resort for a week, so everyone gathered there for swimming and other activities offered at the resort.  We rounded off the evening with a dinner there in one of the restaurants.


This photo is looking up at the side of the mountain from the outdoor deck where we enjoyed our dinner.  The various open areas are ski runs.


In the background you can see the alpine slide.  Throughout the resort you can find these hollowed out logs full of flowers.  There is nothing quite so wonderful as the fresh pine scented mountain air.


Then on Saturday we met to attend the farmers market.  We purchased peaches, tomatoes, corn, raspberries and black berries......and fresh almond pastries to have for breakfast.  After a bit I became so taken with all of the dogs, that I forgot to take pictures.  Everyone brings their dogs, and its a regular doggy paradise. 



I sampled delicious dried cherries, and last year I bought a container of frozen pie cherries........they made the very best cherry pies.


I especially became fascinated with this adorable Boston Terrier.  He was just a puppy, trying to take in all of the activity.


I finished this pillow over the week end, it will soon become a pattern.  Wool on a beautiful Diamond Textile.


And, I also finished hand quilting the little doll quilt for the doll bed I brought home with me from The Country Sampler.  The quilt has been washed and dried and now looks appropriately aged.  It is a pattern by Carol Hopkins.

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.  These are but trifles to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."  -Joseph Addison

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the pie cherries. I have stopped at their place on the old highway to Brigham City to buy frozen tart cherries--I love the pies made with them. Canned cherries taste nasty in comparison.
    The wool pillow is beautiful, and I love your hand quilted doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete