Friday, October 14, 2016

I love all of the seasons......


.....however, I believe fall is my favorite.  This box on my table I discovered at an antique shop which we stopped at on our trip.  I kind of think that is and old ammunition box.  It has a metal handle and is made from wood.  I was excited to bring it home and stuff some fall foliage into it for my table.  I wasn't disappointed with my purchase....plus it was cheap.  I purchased the pumpkin a few years ago while traveling with friends......I love it when things have good memories attached.





I always look forward to putting this wood bowl out every fall to hold gourds.


More from Mountain Mist.






I love the blending of these colors.










The hand quilting on this quilt is absolutely stunning!












I still have more Mountain Mist patterns to share, as the exhibit was quite large.

I hope everyone can enjoy a lovely fall week end, and that hose in stormy areas stay safe.  I thank you all for your well wishes concerning my shoulder.  I leave this coming Tuesday as I will be teaching at The Olde World Quilt Shoppe this coming week.  Then I will head to Houston for the International Quilt Show where I am to do a book signing in the Quilt Mania booth.......then back to teach two days at Grand Country Quilters in San Marcos and then home again early in November.  I think that even if I'm on the road, it will still offer more healing time for my shoulder.

I found this poem by Louisa May Alcott that I want to share with you today.  "I do not ask for any crown but that which all may win;  Nor try to conquer any world, except the one within.  Be thou my guide until I find, led by a tender hand, The happy kingdom in myself and dare to take command."




2 comments:

  1. The quilting are fabulous!
    Thanks. Tine (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the morning glory quilt steals the show! So pretty! I hope your shoulder feels better quick!

    ReplyDelete