Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Snow in the mountains!



It has been raining the last two days, and when I look up at the mountain peaks there is snow.  Between the rain and the cooler temperatures, I am definitely in the stitching mood.  I have a pot of soup cooking, so dinner is covered......just a perfect day for needle and thread.


This is the October Bits and Bobs project.  This Fall display is on my porch.  The wind was fierce last night and the rain fell hard, but this stayed put and was safe and dry!


I purchased this basket for my front door while on our trip.  We discovered a fabulous shop on our way to visit the Amish in Kalona, Iowa.  If any of you have read or are familiar with the book Plain and Simple, by Sue Bender, that is where she stayed.



I purchased these wonderful brushed cottons in this shop, A Little Country Character in Rock Springs, Wyoming.  They were on sale! :-)  I can never have enough of these.


Then we discovered a small Nebraska town with two lovely gift shops.  We were ready for a break, and we chose a good place to walk around and stretch our legs.  Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the town.




I especially liked the cat on the spools and pulling the Jack-O-Lantern and the ghost......it is in the fore ground.




Fierce looking Jack - O - Lanterns, and all things Fall.




Only two ladies traveling together can stop and meander just because!  I do love the girlfriend trips.

"Joy is not in things, it is in us."  Ben Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment