Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Brrrrrr it's cold!




I am always hoping for a white Christmas every year.  We've had snow but it hasn't stuck around.  This past week it has rained here in the Salt Lake valley......but snowed in the mountains, so that has made the skiers happy.


The show goes on.....another exceptional quilt.  Doesn't all the inspiration from these quilts cause you to create?!


This applique border really sets off the circular blocks.


And a beautiful sunflower garden it is.


I was really off my game here for the next three quilts, and I apologize for not including the information.  Perhaps I was just so star struck by this amazing quilt!


Layers of delicious colors.


A stunning New York Beauty.




Absolutely stunning!


A gorgeous Millefiori Quilt.


A quilt depicting a vital source of concern.....contaminated water.


Rocky Mountain Poison.......read and take note.


Another show stopper!




Corinna Beuermann - Kulp shared this lovely quilt from Germany.


Another quilt with a story.


Sorry, but another quilt without information, and it was another stunner!


Piecing and applique, a perfect combination.




I've heard about these quilts, but this is the first Graveyard quilt that I've seen.  They are sometimes called coffin quilts.


Quilters busily telling their stories through quilts.


The work of an artist.




From Israel.


I believe Bella Kaplan depicts her story well! 

"Every piece of the universe, even the tiniest little snow crystals, matter somehow.  I have a place in the pattern, and so do you."
- T.A. Barron



1 comment:

  1. I think these are all just so beautiful and the creativity is amazing. I am especially taken with the first one - so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete