Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Leaving......




....on a Jet Plane.  Alaska Airlines had an unbelievable black Friday special before Christmas.  For just 116.00 dollars I bought a round trip ticket.  The Road to California is starting this next week end, so I could not pass up this deal.  "The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."  Abraham Lincoln.  I'm looking forward to reconnecting with friends and I have many things prepared for stitching.  I will be gone for one week, but I hope to have pictures to share with you when I return.



Here is another shop which we meandered through.  As you can see there were all sorts of interesting things.  And by the way I really enjoy this type of shopping.  Not a specific objective, just seeing if I find the something that I can't live without! :-)




This striking, beautifully quilted quilt of course caught our eye.




I admired woody the Woodpecker.


The unique and unusual.......


I found room for this box......you see I could fill it with wool which I purchased at the Woolen Needle.  I am using it as a bread box.


We enjoyed scrounging through a garden shop and admired the eclectic garden art.




My daughter Abbie and I love goats, so he caught my attention for sure.





Here is the Cow which jumped over the moon.




Mixed into the variety of stuff was this old quilt made from velvets.
"Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong." - Peter Mc Intyre

 

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at Road. I am not attending this year because I want to stay focused on the projects I have already started.

    Thank you so much for sharing your travels. I love seeing the quilting and antique shops, the places you stayed, your purchases etc.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete