Thursday, May 11, 2017

I continue to relive my experience.....




......in France, while also trying to be living in the present.  By sharing my experience with all of you, my dear readers, I am reliving it in bits and pieces.


I was so very pleased to have met Judy Newman from Australia.  The Australian women were just delightful......warm and friendly.


This quilt has a clean contemporary look....the stripes as very effective in this design.


A few of Judy's designs were centered around a medallion in the middle of the quilt.  This quilt would look so cheerful on a bed.
Several of her quilts are large.....perfect for beds.  We all know how much better one sleeps under the comfort of a quilt!













Notice how the centers in this quilt design have been chosen with care.....


I made this quilt from thirties reproduction fabrics years ago......it is a wonderful design.  I love the additional circles that appear in the sashing area.  Many of these have been chosen with care also.




Stars are always a favorite.....I love how these stars are bordered and then the large sashing really sets them apart.


More pictures of the many warm and friendly quilters who stopped by for a visit.  They are just like us, bags full of goodies!




Bruce and I first met these lovely ladies at an opening evening champagne party, which was later followed by what they called nibbles......and I nibbled!  They reside in Italy and were amazingly fun and entertaining ladies.  They are partners in their business which specializes in punch needle.  Notice the necklace of punch needle buttons.


I wish I remembered this delightful ladies name, but notice her adorable needle punch purse.  She and her friend visited in Utah when the spring market was here.  Unfortunately our paths did not cross while they were here.  While visiting the many national parks in our state, she was pulled over three times for speeding.......because of her charm, she avoided tickets.  Perhaps wanting to pose with the officer for a picture helped! :-)


Here she is modeling a needle punch bracelet...


The clasp on the back also makes it special.

A friend from Arizona, Karalee Morris shared some quotes with me, I've thought about the one I'm sharing today quite a bit......you understand why.  "Anyone can make you happy by doing something special.  But only someone special can make you happy without doing anything."  - Anonymous



1 comment:

  1. Love all of today's eye candy and the creative use of needle punch! I'm very curious about that vine print you used as sashing shown in the last two photos--do you know the fabric line it is from? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete