Monday, September 25, 2017

Summer travels...






To celebrate Fall's arrival, I will mail this pattern to the first person who email me in the morning.  The pattern is called Gathering Bittersweet.


When quilters travel, they check out quilt stores.  This antelope was in the window of the Quilters Corner in Cheyenne, Wyoming.  This was a pleasant spacious store with the nicest, most accommodating ladies.....plus, they had a beautiful clean rest room.  Very important information to file away.


Our next stop was in Kearney, Nebraska.


Great samples and beautiful fabric.


I guess this is what my dilemma is!


I'm sorry this is so blurry, but the sentiment is beautifully clear!


The next stop was in York, Nebraska.  We missed a few stores unfortunately, but when we were passing through their town, it was either too early or too late.


The Quilt Basket had some lovely inspiring samples, and the fabrics to back them up.




We have had glorious gentle rains all week end.  I enjoy rainy days.  I've been sewing, what a surprise! lol.  And napping..:-)
and of course reading.  The weather has prompted me to make soup, so I will sign off here and join my husband for a bowl.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."  - Richard David Bach


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. Always wanted to road trip to Nebraska's quilt stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Norma!! You're new pattern is just beautiful. I love the blues that you've used - perfect shade and it just makes it 'pop'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would email you but I don't have your email!! Cute quilts that inspire one to make all the things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. j'adore le patch célébrant l'automne, il est splendide!!!!!!bravo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your photos and I just love the sign about the skinny person and the chocolate--how cute--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your blog, I never get tired of looking at all the shops, quilts and inspirational sayings. Needless to say your quilts are beautiful and I wish I had more time to devote to quilting. I'm really happiest just sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to visit the quilt shops and see all the wonders of the quilting world! Nice "Gathering Bittersweet" pattern!!! Thanks for your blog!!

    ReplyDelete