Thursday, October 19, 2017

Halloween....




......Unfortunately I will be gone for Halloween.  I will miss the joy in handing out treats to little ghosts and goblins, and many other varieties!  I have many happy memories stored away from this holiday.  One year my daughter went to stores looking for costume donations.  Then she brought them to the family shelter, where she was assisting children with homework.  She and many of her friends parked their cars by the shelter, and the kids trick or treated from their cars.  You see, Abbie loves Halloween and couldn't deal with the thought that these kids were missing out.  One of my special memories was when I was with my son in Ohio, who lives on the most picturesque street with big trees, and just a cozy homey appeal to the street.  It was so heart warming to watch all of the young families with their little ones.  Plus there were Jack O Lantern's glowing on the steps.

There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight......There was definitely magic in that Halloween night!


I haven't carved a pumpkin.....this is my claim to the holiday. I do love the charm of this cat who hangs out on my bench.


This chubby Mr. Pumpkin man is also a favorite.  It's quite apparent he had too much fun with his treats!


More from the International Quilt Study Museum.  Notice the little patch to the border on the upper right corner......I love it!


I am so drawn to this mishmash of fabrics.  I have a brown fabric very similar to the brown in this quilt.











I've always loved different variations of the Delectable Mountain block.


I just used a red fabric very similar to the red in this quilt.  I think I used it while making kits for the Sweet and Simple kits.  This green fabric is amazing.






There is always something new to learn every time I go through the museum.




Double Irish Chain.  Definitely a scrap quilt. Notice the one random yellow block.....making do with the scraps they had.


"Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by the accidents of time, or place, or circumstances, are brought into closer connection with you."  -Augustine of Hippo


3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your creations and your blog..thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your excellent photos, and info on these quilts.

    ReplyDelete