Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I think to myself......




...that the best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been, and the memories we've made along the way.  I was able to wake up leisurely this morning, and these were the thoughts I entertained before I started my day.  I'm finishing a red and cream quilt and just have the top and bottom borders to finish, and then it will go off to be quilted.


The museum had just received a few new quilts that they hadn't displayed as of yet.  Remember, that we were at the museum at the time of the eclipse.




I always marvel at the hand quilting on old quilts.  I think it makes them extra special.










This unusual piece caught my attention, because I grew up near Worthington, Minnesota.








I remember polyester.....when it was introduced I was a fan.  It meant you could ride in the car for hours and when you arrived at your destination you didn't have a wrinkle.  One can't mention polyester with out mentioning leisure suits!  Anyway, this quilt is made of polyester.







There was not enough of the yellow print for the alternate block, so a plain yellow was added.  This quilt also had an interesting narrow red border.


I believe the date reads 1843.


For some unknown reason, I do not have information for this quilt.

"We can often do more for others by trying to correct our own faults than by trying to correct theirs." -Francois Fenelon






1 comment:

  1. The quilts that you presented in your blog today were quite eye catching! There are so many gifted quilters out there. I only wish that I can build an eighth of their skills before I finish my last stitch! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete