Monday, October 2, 2017

October is here.....




.....And I do believe it is a favorite time of year.  Soon you will see me writing that about a different month and season.  What can I say, they all have their own take on beauty.  I want to share this bit from Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery.  "Oh Marilla",  she explained one Saturday morning, coming dancing in with her arms full of gorgeous bows, "I'm so glad I live in a world of Octobers.  It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?  Look at these Maple branches, don't they give you a thrill.....several thrills?"


In celebration of the pumpkin, I have this pattern Pumpkins On Parade available to the first to respond back.  If you are following from out of the country, I will honor the first one of you to respond in addition.


So now, we've left the retreat, and took an assessment of how much room we still had in the car.  We were told that just outside of Kansas City there was a little town filled with antiques.  We were off, fresh back on the trail of the next perfect find.  I have always thought I'd like an item such as this to fill with pumpkins and such in the fall.  No room!


What a delightful shop this was, some antiques and some crafty items.










Well said....






What a splendid red bread box!




Beautiful clock.




This will be my thought for the day!

If you are available tomorrow, we will be beginning with a 4 month class at Quilt's Etc. in  Sandy, Utah.  The project will be Silent Night.  It will be a thrill to teach this class, because I love this cozy and wonderful Christmas quilt.



10 comments:

  1. I love pumpkins! Thanks for all your beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree with Anne with an E.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pumpkins on parade and autumn. Although today I am likely going to get blown away by the gales as I go to pick up my grandson from school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pumpkins! I too love Fall, whatever month it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pumpkin wall hanging. And, always enjoy the pictures you show us on your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy your antiquing adventures. I too love October, and Anne of Green Gables. I have very fond memories of watching it with my daughters when they were young. I also love your patterns and will be starting your Gathering Baskets pattern as soon as i complete a few other of my projects. Thanks for all you do. Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your posts! Always inspiration! Thank you so much, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pumpkins....they are my favorite to decorate with....all year round!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I just saw your Pumpkins on Parade pattern in a quilt posted on Facebook and the lady was gracious enough to respond immediately. (Her grandchild was sitting on it in a t-shirt that said My first Turkey Day). I see you ran a contest and I am from Canada but Carmen that responded and referenced Anne Of Green Gables may have been fro the east coast in Canada. If not, I would love to win your pattern, So happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete