Monday, November 27, 2017

Study of Civil War Quilts


Thanksgiving is behind us, but for me, besides over eating and enjoying my family connections, it has given me a reason to consider my blessings and to live with a thankful heart.


Today I am revisiting The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Denver, Colorado.  This star quilt is stunning!


The Study of Civil War Quilts.






What a gorgeous quilt this is, with incredible hand quilting.








All of these Civil War era quilts were very inspirational.  I am always drawn to the old traditional designs.








I apologize, but I did not remember to get the information on this beautiful quilt.


Wishing not to be forgotten, women sign their name to cloth.






"Statistically, the probability of any one of us being here is so small that you'd think the mere fact of existing would keep us all in a contented dazzlement of surprise." -Lewis Thomas 
Taken from 'The Lives of a Cell.'

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful quilts. I was particularly drawn to Lyres & Laurel and Louisa's Hope. Both stunning as was Union. I can't imagine creating such lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete