Wednesday, January 17, 2018

We have green grass.....




......in our yard, and there is something wrong with this picture.  Especially, when I heard on the news today that snow has accumulated in the south.  My tulips face a southern exposure, so I'm hoping that they are not fooled into blooming too soon.  And then I read in a journal of thoughts and quotes that I have kept for years, the following: "The greatest discovery is that you can change your circumstances by changing your attitudes of mind." - William James.  So, even though I am disappointed about not having snow, I will be grateful to not drive in snow this next week when I drive to Cedar City, Utah where I will be teaching and doing a trunk show.  I'm reminded that life is nothing more than our attitude towards it.


One of the classes which I will be teaching will be this journal, which is called Singing For Joy.  This is the kind of journal where I write down words that inspire me.


Along with that joy theme, I will also be teaching this small wall hanging size quilt called, Joy In the Morning.  I have never been to the retreat in Cedar City before, and I am excited to be doing so this year.  I'm especially excited, because some of my California friends will be joining me there.  :-)


Todays free pattern give away will go to responder number 6.
Remember to include your address when you email me at-  norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com 

"It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and to make beautiful objects, but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which to look.  To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of acts."
- Henry David Thoreau




4 comments:

  1. I would love to be in Utah were it is warm. Your class will be fun. Nancy P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern! and I wanted to let you know even though I am on a no new until some old goes out moratorium. :) have fun at your retreat, I always hope the teacher has as much fun as I do as the student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful appliqué--we have snow in Music City and low temps currently 16 degrees up from 7--

    ReplyDelete