Monday, March 5, 2018

A Beautiful snowfall....



...greeted us this morning upon awakening.  After having snowless winter months, it seems the nearer we come to Spring's arrival, the more snow will be falling.  This is our second heavy snow in two weeks.  I came home from Arizona a week and a half ago to 18 inches, and this time at least 12 inches fell.  Even though I'm beginning to think Spring, we will be grateful for this snow when the heat of summer arrives.  For the present I will enjoy the splendor of a fresh snowfall.


 The previous snowfall had melted before the new snow came.


As you notice snow piles very high on surfaces because we hardly ever have wind with snow.  Maybe on the ski slopes, I remember some cold fierce wind which influenced my skiing days.


Here is my latest finish.  I have just received it back from my excellent machine quilter, Karen Morgan.  This quilt was named by a blog reader, Marty Toale......Square Dancing With Flowers.  I will mail the pattern to you Marty once it has been completed.  This quilt was too large for Bruce to hold for the picture.


Because spacers were required to make the border fit, it made an excellent spot to display the year and initials.


I very much enjoyed the process of creating this quilt.

As C. S. Lewis said, "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."  I considered this quote when thinking how to make our days as near to perfect as possible.
With gratitude in our hearts and with a positive attitude our days will be enjoyable.  Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. Love the quote and the quilt ... well, over the moon excited about it. So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new quilt Norma! Beautiful, beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete