Monday, May 7, 2018

Welcome to a new week.....



......I for one look forward to Mondays, and a start to a new work week.  I have so much to accomplish this week, and I'm looking forward to all of it.  I'm busily preparing for my trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan.......and anticipating all of the amazing quilters which I will meet.


This week end I attended the quilt show that was held here in Salt Lake City.  I want to share with you about this collection of quilts.......I just have a sampling of them, as there were many.  It is a project commemorating the lives of the 70,237 physically and mentally disabled people murdered by Germans Nazis in 1940-41.  This is Jeanne Hewell-Chambers, who is promoting this project that is near and dear to her heart.  When the doctors involved were given a form on an individual which had a red X at the bottom it was the indication indicating that this person was to be murdered.
She told me that well over 200 countries have contributed to this project.  Get involved: the 70273project.org



Once again I am not sure what this arrow button is about, but I hope to find time to go to the apple store and find out what I can learn......this is something on my list for this week, which I'd just as soon not do.








I have managed to do a little stitching on this new design which I am preparing to teach at the retreat called Quilting With the Stars which Quilters Station will be sponsoring in August.  This is a lovely event, and Rita's store is fabulous.  You will not be disappointed.

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may be fearless."
- Marie Curie 


1 comment:

  1. Hi --- the arrow on the photo means that it is a video. I love your work and enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete