Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Trimming the roses......




Our roses have been beautiful, but the flowers fade so quickly.  However, we look forward to the next blooming cycle.  We've learned that spraying the foliage with a water solution with a bit of dish soap in it does wonders with ridding the plant of aphids without the use of a chemical.

Last evening I taught a quilting class once again, and when that occurs I come home  and fail to take the time writing a blog post.  Today, I've worked on finishing a new project which I will be teaching in August.  I'm spending way too much time in doors.


More from a Thankful Heart.  We outlasted the rain shower in this interesting shopping adventure.


If you enjoy primitive things, you would enjoy this shop.


This chicken caught my interest.....I liked his look, but left her perched up there overseeing all of the activity.




There were several braided rugs to pick from.  I thought this little set of drawers would help me be organized besides being cute.




I was wanting to check out those quilts stacked on the shelf.












There were some very tempting furniture pieces.


This bit of advise from 'The Velveteen Rabbit', was especially meaningful to me today.  "You become.  It takes a long time.  That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or that have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.  Generally, by the time you are real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you become loose in the joints and very shabby.  But those things don't matter at all, because once you are real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

2 comments: