Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Kindness Matters......



I have lost my joy and optimism the last few days, and have been in kind of a funk.  The United States can no longer be considered as President Reagan so eloquently likened to a 'Beacon Of Light, or a 'City Set On a Hill.'  I usually do not get involved publicly on this sort of thing, but I have felt such sadness the last few days.  It is never appropriate to be insulting and unkind.  

Over the week end Bruce and I treated Abbie and Chad to a concert on the mountainside at the Deer Valley ski resort in Park City. Our daughter had a birthday...….and we celebrated.  I love out door concerts in the mountains, and it felt good to be gathered with all of the positive and happy energy.  We danced tapped our toes and clapped our hands to the music of Abba.


This is the remaining crazy quilt which I have to share.  I have a few close ups for you to see the exotic fabrics and stunning needle work of the creator.



Elegance!









Exquisite!  This little bird is fabulous!













The museum is located in Lincoln, Nebraska, and so are the Blackberry Primitive wool girls.  We met Tonya and Cindy for dinner, but prior to that we visited the beautiful wool in Tonya's home.  Tonya, has many unique early American pieces.  It was a pleasure to see it all first hand.


Blackberry Primitives does all of the wool for Maggie Bononimi.  I just completed a couple of Maggie's design's.  

"Pray when you feel like worrying.
Give thanks when you feel like complaining.
Keep going when you feel like quitting."
-Dave Willis

Some very good advise for me right now.



7 comments:

  1. Norma, please calm your heart while remembering that the media is incessant with news, commentary, and bleakness. When we get a constant barrage, we can't help but feel despair. I would encourage you to turn off the media to bring yourself some peace. Go outside to enjoy the calming of nature. Surely that will be more beneficial to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your funk. BUT, those that voted for it, should have expected it. This last quilt you posted is my very favorite style of Crazy Quilt.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I am not up to speed on who was unkind or insulting. I am in my early 60s and looking back over time, the first insulting words I remember was "pigs", referring to police officers. Of course, as time has passed, there has been even more... Sorry that you are sad. I do believe prayer is the answer for uplifting our nation, its people and mostly, ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that crazy quilt is mindblowing!

    I couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed in your first paragraph. While it would be a stretch to say I'm optomistic, I would call myself hopeful - that " people" will eventually come to their senses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my 68 years I've never seen things like they are, but I'm still hopeful. I love your quote; we will get through this difficult time. On a brighter note, I'm working on your garden quilt; it's so uplifting! A good time to be working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the kindest people I know! The quote is a great one for us all. Don’t dwell on the heaviness in your heart, acknowledge it and slowly go forward with hope. There is always hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt and embroidery stitches are absolutely gorgeous. I too have been feeling the sting of the difficulties of our time. Meanwhile, I try to keep positive quilting, embroidering and spending time with my family.

    ReplyDelete