Thursday, July 19, 2018

What do we do in times of difficulty?





Why we quilt of course.  I have spent an uplifting day, partly because of the encouraging comments and for the emails I received.  We can not loose hope that we are loosing our way. Also I lost myself in fabric and creativity.


Today I finished my house quilt.  I have enjoyed making these.


I love Maggie's work and took some time out to stitch this small piece.  Sweet and simple.


Last Fall, I had the privilege of taking a class from Maggie when  She and I taught at the same retreat.  I finished this project from her class.  I will have something new for Autumn.


I started this new project today.  I've made a few log cabins blocks from 1 inch strips, that will be implemented into this design.  This is how I spent my day.....:-) Finding joy in stitching!

"Being positive doesn't mean you don't ever have negative thoughts.  It just means you don't let those thoughts control your life."
( From a little book called, 'Book of Good Advise.')



7 comments:

  1. Love that final house block with the crows. Cannot wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on your houses, birds and flowers. I love that last house with birds shown. I'm also enjoying that I figured out my sign on glitch so I can comment on blogs again. Wahoo! I am not techy at all but it involved 'cookies'...not the edible ones. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encantan sus trabajos....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sus trabajos me encantan!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new fall project looks beautiful Norma. I love it already 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two friends and I went to Colorado State University gardens this morning. Peaceful and beautiful, a lovely day. Then we went to several quilt shops and then a lovely lunch. What a delightful way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciating the time and energy you put into your site and detailed information you offer.
    It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while
    that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material. Fantastic read!

    I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete