Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Planning an escape.....




This evening we have a picnic planned for up the canyon, where it is always cooler by the stream.  Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to share tomorrow.


More pictures from the museum.  I am pleased to have these hexagon quilts to share with you.  I love the layout of this quilt, and the way it is bordered and finished.  But most of all, the cheerful colors reached out to me when I first saw it.


This quilt maker seemed to have a vision and a plan before she started.  The one thing about these quilts, it is always convenient to tucks bits of cloth and the hexagon papers in a baggy and always have some needle work with you.



These hexies are a bit larger but no less amazing.




The always popular and lovely Grandmother's Flower Garden






I found an appropriate way of describing we quilters...….'textile enthusiasts'!

I fell head over heels for this creation of singular patches.  That strip of orange arranged in rows is fabulous!




Using scraps and bits of cloth, leaving nothing to go to waste!










This quilt, I LOVE!!!


I'm tempted to try making this...…..just a block every day, now that my house quilt is nearing completion.  That is how one eats an elephant, one bite at a time.




This quilt is beckoning me to start cutting scraps into 1 inch strips.

"Attract what you want by being what you want."

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilts (especially the single patches one...WOW! That's the one I'd like to tackle). I haven't heard the expression about eating an elephant since I was a young woman working in the inner city in Washington, DC. Our supervisor was the first one I had ever heard it from. It's still good advice! Thanks for renewing the memory!

    ReplyDelete