Friday, October 5, 2018

Heartwarming memories.......




……..are tucked away after our visit to Ohio.  It isn't easy living away from those we love.  However, now we have fresh and precious memories until we are reunited once again.

I have been busy since our return late Tuesday evening.  All of the usual after a trip, and then we came home to orders etc.  I think I'm caught up, and I started a new quilt today.



 

As you travel east on I 80 there is an archway museum across the interstate.  If you are ever near this museum, be sure to stop.  This is a statue outside the museum depicting the pony express riders.




Here is Jerry, posing with the mountain man who was the greeter at the museum.  He was a character!  Quite authentic looking with a great gravely voice.



This is the museum itself.  It depicts the western expansion and the various pioneers who traveled west.  It is an amazing depiction, from covered wagons to handcarts, and then the first automobiles and roadside camps where tourists first stayed.  This was the second time I have gone through this museum and it has expanded greatly, and is very well done.  I loved it.


Some native prairie land outside the walkway to the museum.


This is the amazing group I was privileged to travel with this past August.  I miss them all, and sincerely hope we all meet together once again in the future.  I have the sweetest memories!

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for." - Louis L'Amour

I'm grateful that on our trip together, we were able to travel not too fast.....in fact in our meanderings I do not believe we missed what we were traveling for.  We took several days to reach our destiny.  We stopped at every antique shop and fabric shop and for ice cream in between.  We shared moments that created memories and were united in a warm friendship.....it's all in the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment