Thursday, October 11, 2018

Good Times!



I have a bit of unexpected joy in my routine.  My niece, Ireland is attending the University of Utah in the drama department, and is performing in a play called The Wolves at the Salt Lake Acting Company.  As a result family is arriving.  Her grandmother and my friend Susan, arrived early to avoid a snow storm across Wyoming where she is from.  Our tickets to the play are not until Friday, so we are just enjoying our days visiting and sort of wasting time.  But time is not wasted, I guess, enjoying our time together.  I guess I'm programed to accomplish something every day.  My daughter Katrina, advised me that I need to learn to excel at doing nothing!  I'm working on it.....:-).

Today we enjoyed having lunch with Ireland and her group of absolutely delightful friends.  We were impressed with there good hearts, and so happy!


This is one of my designs called, Crossings.  It is a study in cheddar and indigo.




Look at the marvelous contrast in Caron Ryan's quilt of the same design.  I really love this look, and recognize some of the old Roberta Horton plaids in it.  Thank you so very much for sharing it with us Caron.


Here is my completed quilt on the back of my couch.  I have it done in Fall colors.  I wanted a nice uniform and simple looking quilt to serve as a background for wool pillows.  The pillow on the left, is one of my designs.  This pattern called Birds of a Feather will be on my web site tomorrow.  I've thought about making kits for it if there is any interest.


I also, finished this pillow in the center.  It is a Maggie Bononimi 
design, and I am very happy with it.  I received the kit for it from Black Berry Primitives.  Maggie's designs are so uncomplicated.  She uses one brownish color of Coats and Clarks sewing thread to whip stitch it down.

"What if I fall?  Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?" -Erin Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment