Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween.....




"When the spooks have a midnight jamboree, they break it up with fiendish glee.  The ghosts are bad but the one that's cursed, is the headless horseman;  he's the worst.  That's right, he's a fright on Halloween night! When he goes a joggin' across the land, holding his noggin in his hand.  Demons take one look and groan, and they hit the road to parts unknown.  Beware, take care, he rides alone!"

-From "The headless Horseman," the legend of sleepy hollow.

I can say, that I love this holiday.  I especially enjoyed it when my children were youngsters.  It was a chance for them to pretend to be anything that came with their imagination...….and yes, the candy was good too!  There was always some trading amongst the 3 of them.  Two of the kids would over indulge themselves and eat too much, and then Katrina would carefully choose a piece here and there, as she loved to haul it out after the other two had long devoured their's.  Anyway, I'm happy about the leftover candy.  I always choose my favorite to hand out.


I started on the winter banner for Bits and Bobs.  Yes, this snowman is bigger than the houses.  That is why folk art is so much fun.  There will be more added.


More from War and Pieced.  All I can say, is that they were all over achievers.  The quilts are mind boggling.

























"The things that we love tell us what we are."  - Thomas Aquinas 


No comments:

Post a Comment