Friday, November 16, 2018

Quilt Group Gathering.......



Will not disappoint!


I am so pleased to be among all of these talented women.  Julie share with us her witch...….cute all the way to her very witchy nose!


Here is Kerry's splendid quilt which she has just recently completed.  She has been working on this masterpiece for an extended time.  It is called Just Around the Corner by Wendy Williams.


This is the fabric she chose for the back......it was very much to everyone's liking!


Lorraine share this check book cover...….cut isn't it.


Lorraine does beautiful needle point, and she recently completed this cockatoo for her son who is in foreign service in Hong Kong, where these birds flock and fly through out the city.



Marilyn dazzled us with this quilt called Garden Party by Laura Heine.  It is raw edge machine applique done with invisible thread.


Here is Debra's witch.  We all remarked about the dress!  And that is what the pattern is called, The Dress.


All of her leftover fabrics were used to make an interesting back.


I shared the beginning of a table runner I am working on.  Since this photo, it is about 1/2 completed, and I'm happy!


Country Crossroads is the title that has been given to this quilt which I recently completed.  I love the quilting done by Karen Morgan.  Today, I finished the binding.  It is now ready for a photograph done by my son in law and then the pattern.  Should be available very soon.  I will be making kits for this.  Beautiful Diamond Textiles have arrived in the mail.


Her is the new Winter Banner which now has it's binding and will soon be available through Bits and Bobs, and of course through my web site.


Brittany shared her Zombie Girl!  Wow to the colors.  She believes she will bind it with the back and white stripe, which we all agreed would really set it off.


I shared with the group, my basket which held my projects which I brought to share.


Brittany's mom Ann, has been working on hats for Christmas gifts.


Diane shared her new original design, and we all loved it.  Many of my favorite things are found in this cozy and colorful design.


Leslie, has brought her hand piecing of these 365 3" stars to it's conclusion.  Just incredible.  The pattern calls it a star a day.  You who know Leslie, understand that these were completed in a remarkable short time.  After all, this is the lady who hand quilted her Dear Jane Quilt in just 3 months.  What can I say, I want to be just like her when I grow up!!!


Her talented hands.


A tree skirt which she is working on in her spare time! :-)


Liz completed her quilt called Twirl, a Fig Tree design.


This is the second quilt Liz has made in this pattern.  We encouraged her to keep this one for herself.  We all loved her choice of binding.

"Courage is the resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." - Mark Twain

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your sewing basket, Country Roads, and Winter. Those little 3" stars are amazing and I loved the picture of her talented & inspiring hands. Diane's original design is GORGEOUS!!!! Great post & thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss this group and all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful projects. They are all so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete