Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Antiquing......




As you all have come to know, when traveling around the country, I often choose to go by car and to investigate antique shops along the way.  I always find enthusiasm for quilts, interesting words, and baskets.  Of course I appreciate interesting pieces of furniture, but when I see good deals, I don't have a way to haul it home.  As I get older, I'm beginning to understand that I have more than enough stuff!  Now, the thing that seems most important, is the collection of memories.


And, I always love anything to do with houses.


This is such a beautiful trunk.




These are a set of hand pieced star blocks.




I highly applaud this idea...….it's easier to smile.




An ocean wave quilt top, which I really like and a basket.


A few sashed star blocks.


Basket blocks already quilted


And a set of star blocks.

Tonight I am attending quilt group, so perhaps I'll have some special things to share with you tomorrow.

"That's what kindness is.  It's doing something for someone else because they can't, but because you can." -Andrew Iskander




1 comment:

  1. Good morning! Lovely quilts. Your travels look like such fun times. May I ask who won the Snow Buddies?
    JG

    ReplyDelete