Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tidings of Joy.....



There is always something to be joyful about.  And tomorrow, this pattern will go to the first person who emails me with their mailing address.  norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com 


Tiding of Joy.
This is a picture of the pillow in my booth in France.  The pattern for this is also in my book, My Quilting Legacy.


We visited antique stores during a visit to Shipshewana, Indiana.  There were so many beautiful quilts......stacks of them.  I wanted to open them up and look at each and every one of them.  However, I was not a serious buyer, so felt that would be quite and inconvenience  to the shop owner.


This was a beauty lain out so that I could take a picture.  It is hand quilted every 1 inch.  A real treasure.


This Log Cabin quilt really stole the show for me.  I love the stripes and plaids, and some of them on the bias, opposing the quilt police and the rules of quilting. 


The hexagon quilt made from wool and tied, was very striking and I would have loved to have gone home with it.  The blue and white double Irish Chain, was spectacular.  The quilting was remarkable!


So very true!  Days in general fly fast.

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
- William Arthur Ward



1 comment:

  1. Love the quote and I've been meaning to make that snowman pillow. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete