Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas is drawing closer.......




……...and gatherings of friends are a special part of this time of year.  This past week, I enjoyed 2 different gatherings with quilt friends.  And with each I returned home with a warm feeling of how rich and full my life is.  


Over the next few days, I will be gifting these different Diamond Textiles bundles.  As many of you know I love these beautiful textured fabrics and use them frequently.  Sometime in conjunction with other fabrics, because they always add a special touch.  Be the first to respond tomorrow morning with your mailing address and I will send you one of the sample bundles.  Also, notice the Christmas star ornament...….that also will be gifted.
norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com 

A few years ago at the quilt market in Houston, there was a pot holder quilt on display.  What that means is that each block is quilted bound and then connected to the next adjoining block.  Since seeing this quilt I've wanted to create one.  So follow along and we will see what transpire, and what I learn along the way.


This is one of the many potholder sized mini quilts which I've made as gift for a few of my quilting friends.  I'm using mine for a candle mat.  It looks like the soup bowls are on the counter in the back ground......I just finished cooking the turkey carcass from Thanksgiving and made a pot of soup.  Different ones who dropped by today enjoyed a bowl.


I love cats, but there is someone in my house that does not prefer them!  Life's all about compromise, right?  These are the 2 cats residing at my house.  I especially love the one on the right with the little boiled wool sweater.  Here she is, perched on this antique bow tie quilt.  There are some amazing funky fabrics in this quilt.  One of these days I will have my helper hold it up and I will show the quilt to you.

"Layer upon layer of soft gently packed snowflakes settle in near silence, forming a quilt of feathery ice crystals."  
-Rebecca Nichols Alonzo


4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Norma!!I think being up early this morning made me your lucky winner?? I hope so as i LOVE LOVE textured fabrics and agree, they are so rich and add so much to a quilt! (I'll email you my address...just in case I won)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to win a charm pack of those wonderful Diamond Textiles.

    Shelia Burns
    sb12041@yahoo.com

    705 Circle Dr.
    Marlinton, WV 24954

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Diamond Textile fabrics! casands 1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO LOVING, you're Potholder Squares. Do you offer a Pattern? I'm new to hooking up with your Blog as of Today, Jan. 10, 2019.. Happy New Year,
    Jacqueline Taylor
    Apopka, FL.

    ReplyDelete