Wednesday, December 12, 2018

All Hearts Come Home At Christmas.......



"Home is where the heart is, the soul's bright guiding star.  Home is where real love is, where are own dear ones are. Home means someone waiting to give a welcome smile.  Home means peace and joy and rest and everything worthwhile."  -unknown
I ran across this poem today and it reminds me of family coming home at Christmas.  Of how precious that is within families.


Some of you have asked about the book from which my angel quilt came from.  This is the book, really quite old, but perhaps it can be found on Amazon.  It is full of great quilts.  I would like to make the applique quilt on the upper left corner before next Christmas.


I received orders for kits of the Woodland Visitors, so I stopped everything and made kits today.


I have a few of our antiquing pictures from last summer.  These are from a really amazing shop in Missouri.  I have never seen such a wonderful collection of these blue style dishes.




Both of these pieces stopped me in my tracks.  There just comes a time when there is not space for more stuff!  We have down sized and I have limited room.


This is a sweet quilt with the bow ties set with the pink stripe.


This lovely stitchery caught my attention.


And, these jugs were just begging to come home with me.


 What a treasure this quilt is!  It was shown by Julie Hendrickson, the owner of J.J. Stitches in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin.....a marvelous shop.

Sometimes the simple quilts are the best of all.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life;  it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." -Marcus Aurelius

I was privileged to visit with a missionary who has spent most of his life working in Haiti, and he gave the interesting bit of information, that suicide is non existent there.  An interesting bit of information to consider and think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment