Friday, December 7, 2018

Feeling Inspired and uplifted.........


On Wednesday, Bruce was off work, so he and I watched the funeral of Bush 41.  We were both so inspired by his character, kindness, humility, and his love affair with his dear Barbara and with his children.  As I watched, I hand quilted these little candle mats, that I'd like to share with friends for Christmas.


Holiday decorating has finally begun at our house.  Most of my decorating is more for winter than for Christmas.


 I made these quilted hearts many years ago, and decided I'd like to enjoy having them displayed again.



This adorable angel was made by a friend and was given to me, also many years ago.  She's still precious to me.


Leslie, made this snowman pillow many years ago, and he still makes me smile.


May Angels Keep Thee In All Thy Ways...…..this  pillow  was gifted to me by a friend Kerry.  And I still admire it and the sentiment it gives.


On the back of the couch is my quilt called Stars and Holly Berry.  It is so cozy looking.


And the Winter Banner just firs to the back of this well used rocker.  As you can see from the picture that it is very worn, and has been well loved and used.  I need to go out and shop for something new.  The problem is, I am not much of a shopper.
Fabric and such is the one exception.  Also, I love to shop with friends.


My Kitty with the red felted wool sweater, is joining our household for the season.  She is perched on an antique quilt I purchased a couple of years ago.


"The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves." -Hellen Keller



4 comments:

  1. Don't get a new chair, just recover it. Your house looks so warm and inviting. The decorations are perfect and add to the love in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so cozy. Love all the friendships you shared with your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful candle mats!
    Your home looks very cozy and festive. And if that chair is so comfy to be so well loved, have you considered just getting it reupholstered?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all your quilts. Each one is nicer than the next. Do you know what pattern you used for the small quilt on the rocker. I just love that little quilt and would like to make one myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete