Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Staying Busy!




The pot holder quilt is growing!  I'm getting blocks ready to quilt while I'm at the upcoming retreats.  I've also cut out the remaining blocks for the reproduction star quilt...…..and tomorrow I will start on the new Spring time banner.  Many things are on the table for me to consider.  Never an idle moment, except when I take time out to read every day and to cook now and then.  Today I made a pot of home made chicken soup.  There will be soup for Bruce when I'm gone.

 
I found a few pictures from antiquing which I have not shared. I love this quilt pattern.  I believe it is called Hands All Around.  I'm fond of using stripes, and the striped material in this quilt really stand out and make it wonderful in my estimation!


I certainly could have taken this quilt home with me.  So soft and mellow.  Once again I love the use of stripes in this quilt.


A quilt top, just waiting to be claimed and quilted.  It would make a cheerful utility quilt......I always like to take a quilt on a picnic to spread under a leafy tree and speculate about life!


I've always been so partial to Log Cabin quilts.



This pie safe was a real treasure!


The construction on this piece of furniture is remarkable, and is one of the things that makes it very special and unique.

   
Cute folk art ideas...…




Isn't this a beautiful piece?  It could help us be organized in our sewing rooms!

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony"
-Mahatma Gandhi


4 comments:

  1. Do you have instructions or a pattern on how to create the potholder quilt blocks?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potholder quilt is looking spectacular! Are you going to hand stitch the squares together? How big is it going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see Barbara Bourgeau-Richards's work. I'm in the process of loosely "translating" her cross-stitch patterns into applique blocks for a primitive folk quilt (I still have most of the cross-stitch designs from years ago). I love her designs and always thought it would be interesting and fun to try to make an applique quilt in honor or her style. Also, I tracked down a used copy of Gerry Kimmel et al.'s "Christmas or Not" for that angel quilt you shared around the holidays. I was thrilled to find it and many other of the used out-of-print books by the same authors (so glad I received cash for a Christmas present this year). You are my favorite inspiration as I've come full circle back to my primitive roots. I always look forward to what you're going to post next. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, thank you for sharing all you do! I am wondering about the potholder method vs. the method shared here: http://libertydearjane.blogspot.com/2013/12/quilt-as-you-go-tutorial.html Would you be willing to share what you see as the pros/cons of both? I am going to QAYG my Dear Jane and trying to decide how. Thank you in advance for your time! Tori

    ReplyDelete