Monday, January 21, 2019

Many happy hours have been spent.....




……..in my sewing room this past week.  Actually my sewing projects have left my sewing room and at present is occupying most of my basement.  When I say basement, my space has large windows which I am thankful for.  I love to capture the sunlight and have it come into my space.  However, we haven't had an abundance of sunshine lately.


I received an order for a kit for At Home In the Garden, and discovered that they were all gone.  So, I took the time to make a few more kits, thinking all the while about the joy of digging in warmed soil, and planting a garden.  While our children were young and at home, we had fun planting our garden space.  And to this day, all 3 of our children have a fondness for gardening.


The center section of the potholder quilt I've been working on is complete.  Now my plan is to continue making the log cabin blocks, and finish the quilt with 2 rows of them around the entire edge.  That will make it the perfect size for over my fireplace.


I've pulled fabrics from my scraps for the back of each of the blocks.  I considered the fabric by the color of quilting thread I would use on the front.  Of course, I used black thread on the black squares and a neutral tan color for the log cabins.


I first whip stitched the blocks into rows, and then whip stitched the rows together. I've needed to take special attention where the four corners come together.  This pattern will not be available until I introduce it to the retreat I will be teaching at Quilter's Station in July.


I pulled a couple of heart projects, since Valentines Day is hovering in the background.  This pattern will go to the first person who emails me with their address.


This is something else I have with a heart.

"One joy scatters a hundred griefs."
-Chinese proverb


5 comments:

  1. "Good Morning"
    Do you offer separate patterns for the Potholder
    Quilt? This is Beautiful! Or even just the whole pattern.. This is So Beautiful. I would Love to make this one.
    Jacqueline Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful heart quilts - perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pot holder quilt! I better finish some projects I have, so that when you release the pattern in the Summer....I can get to stitching on one for our Christmas home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tres beau modèle qui symbolise bien le lien entre l’amour (le cœur ) et la vie (la fleur )Merci pour le partage .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un bien beau modèle , symbole de l’amour et de la vie .Merci pour le partage .

    ReplyDelete