Thursday, February 28, 2019

A pleasant day.......



Today there were 3 friends who met to celebrate a birthday.  It was Shanna's birthday and she is my longest friend I've had since moving to Utah in 1973 after I was married.  In fact our friendship dates back prior to that.  And then their was sweet happy Gloria.  We not only celebrated a birthday, but we celebrated our lives and the journey of life we have made together.  How sweet it is to have this enduring friendship.  We are all richer for it.


Tomorrow, the Bits and Bobs group will open for the Spring banner.  I will start cutting kits over the week end and start mailing the beginning the first week in March.  The sun shone again after a little sprinkling of rain.  The temperature was in the low 50's so we are starting to head in the right direction.




This is a quilt which I just completed, and has been on my wish list for quite some time to make.  I found my inspiration from an antique quilt in one of Barbara Brackman's books.  I've had the page in the book marked, and have been collecting fabrics for it, with the idea that I wanted it to look old.  I've made it to hang in a particular spot in our home.  I think it will be amazing over our fireplace when Autumn rolls around.


Leslie dropped by with this log cabin she has just completed.  It will be for her son and daughter in laws home.  They are minimalists in their decorating style.  It will be stunning after Leslie hand quilts it.

Today I have a few more quilts from my time in Cedar City.  First of all I want to clarify that the Remember the Giver quilt from yesterday, with the fabulous bee skep border quilting, was by Kris Orton.


Isn't this a site!  It is why I hesitate to get into a swim suit!!!
So cute and clever though, right down to the butterfly tattoo on the bum on the far right!  Notice the colorful bags which were given to us at the retreat.  There are lots of goodies stuffed inside.





I do not favor modern quilts, but I appreciate anything artistic and well done.  I thought these aspen trees were fabulous!




Sweet hexagon flowers in this quilt by Kaye brought a bit of cheer.




And then we have Bertie's spring.


Stars, I love 'em!


Ronnie and her husband were very instrumental in making this retreat the wonderful success that it was.  She and Lissa worked tirelessly to make this retreat the great experience which it was.  I look forward to next year!


Isn't this full of charm?  Notice the bicycles quilted in the background.


Another well done quilt by Kris.




I'm sorry I did not get the name of the quilter who shared this delightful quilt highlighting birds.  The quilting is lovely.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." - John Lubbock


No comments:

Post a Comment