Thursday, March 7, 2019

A busy day!





Today, I made kits for Remember the Giver.  I received orders for 3 kits, and discovered I was out of the kits.  I mentioned in my title that it was a busy day.  Most of my days are.  I'm grateful that I enjoy my work.  Much of the background for these blocks and the border, are Diamond Textiles.


I found pictures of two blocks from way back when I was constructing the quilt. 




At the retreat in Cedar City, there was a silent auction.  Julie and Karen both scored.  Julie had the highest bid on this antique sewing box.


There were some incredible finds inside the box.


We had so much fun sorting through all of the goodies...… especially the skeins of this silk thread.




Karen's treasure was this old working Singer sewing machine.  It looks just like the one I sewed on in Home Ec.  And, it looks like the one I purchased on a garage sale for $50.00, the first year we were married.  I sewed on it for years, and it was a wonderful machine. Now my daughter has it.


The last day of the retreat, approximated 300 women sewed together in this enormous room.  There were door prizes being given out every 15 minutes or less.  What a huge success it all was.




One of the ladies in the Winter Banner class, came up with this cute little tassel on one of the hats.

"The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths." 
-Elizabeth Kubler Ross


No comments:

Post a Comment