Monday, March 11, 2019

A Busy and Fun Week End.........



Our week end had out of town family visiting, seeing my adorable niece in a play at the University of Utah, and happy hours spent with family.  Playing games, eating, and did I mention eating!  Good Times!

"It is not the JOY that makes us GRATEFUL, it is GRATITUDE that makes us JOYFUL." Just a thought as we start out into a new week.


We started gathering the items I need to bring to St George this next week.  The topper on my car is already loaded with quilts.  Bruce thought it wise and expedient to snag our son in law and my nephew who are both around 6' 5", and have been bestowed with exceptionally long arms and legs, to load quilts into the topper on my car.  No little ladder required.  Now, if I could just take them both with me, the unloading would also be a breeze.  Besides, they'd add life to the party.  Many years back, Chad and Abbie went with me when I taught in St George and did a trunk show, and Chad was a good sport to hold up my quilts for the trunk show that I did then.  He'd hold up quilts upside down and the ladies would heckle him, all in good fun!  Those were good times and memories which I'm happy to have.  After the car is packed, hopefully there will still be room for me in the drivers seat.


I am going to be behind in my pictures, because I haven't covered the marvelous retreat at Bryce Canyon.  I left Cedar City on Saturday morning after the retreat was over.  I wanted to arrive in Bryce before the predicted snow storm arrived.


The road to the park is always a joy.  The scenery never grows old or mundane.


The red rock formations are extraordinary!


It takes very little imagination to see castles and fortresses.






The road passes through first one archway,


And then through another........ magical.


Since arrived in the morning, and well before my room was ready, I hung out in a comfy chair before the fire and enjoyed some warm and lovely stitching time.


Out the back door here are firepits and a great swimming pool.  The firepits would be great for cool summer evenings.  This is the common area where breakfast is provided every morning.


I just needed to show you the carpet.......wouldn't it make a beautiful modern quilt?

"If speaking is silver, then listening is gold." - Turkish Proverb



No comments:

Post a Comment