Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Another rainy day.....




…… which gives me a good excuse to stay inside and not garden.  Not that I don't enjoy tending the soil, but I've been on a roll making kits.


This is one of the projects which I made kits for to day.  I will be teaching it at an upcoming retreat, but I made a few extra.


This is what the kit looks like.  The log cabins are cut out and ready to sew.


Now, back to our last day in Brugge.  Early on this morning, Jess and Katrina awoke early and took the train to meet a plane that would be taking them to Portugal,  which they loved by the way!
Abbie and I decided we needed to share one more waffle before we would be meeting our train which would take us to Brussels.  Since we've been home, we decided this was our best one.  We chose Nutella on the waffle and then the cream and berries.  We enjoyed it in the central city square to absorb it all one more time!


Our train arrived in Brussels in early afternoon.  We hailed a cab to take us to our next air B and B.  The taxi driver grinned and said it was less than a block away.  He gave us directions and a way we went.  This is the rug that greeted us just inside the door.  It certainly looks like inspiration for a quilt!


Once again we scored.  Our place of stay was very nice and accommodating.  We soon set out to begin our discovery, as Chad and Abbie would be leaving in the morning to take a train to Paris, and Bruce and I would leave early with a private guide that would take us on a W.W. 11 tour.  Once I spotted this bike, I knew it called for a picture.   Again as you can see from the cobble stones, that Brussels is also very old.


Another beautiful central city square.  You will notice that many of these government buildings are adorned with gold.


The architecture was ornate, beautiful and really quite breath taking!


We actually found a Starbucks in the lower level of one of these buildings.  We were disappointed the next morning that they were not open yet at 8 A.M.


The date on this building is 1698.  We found a tasty little Greek restaurant for dinner.  When we spied it we all turned to each other and said, "Greek sounds good."  And it was.  Then we sat outside for a bit and listened to a musician who played beautifully.  She entertained us for quite some time playing a clarinet to gorgeous back ground music.  And then we spotted an ice cream store across the way.  Now we had  ice cream to enjoy while we continued to listen to the music.


This was the street which we walked down to the place we stayed.  I'll share our W.W.11 tour tomorrow.

"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning." - J.B. Priestly




2 comments:

  1. I love the architecture and the cobblestones! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I am noticing (besides the beautiful architecture and a delicious looking waffle!) is how impeccably clean the streets are! I think I want to move there!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete