Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Finishing UFO's....



….. I normally do not have unfinished projects.  My projects are usually made into patterns, so I complete something once I start it.  My house quilt was an exception.  I started some time back making houses.  My aim was to make one per day.  It is now quilted and bound.


It is the perfect size for taking a nap.




I came across this pillow which I made way back when!  I love the message.


We took the train from Liden to Brugge.  Our train took us to within walking distance to the place where we were staying.  This was some of the scenery along the walk.




This house was across the street from where we were staying.


We've arrived!  Chad is putting in the code to get the key to unlock the door.




Once inside, we soon learned that we had scored!!!  It was a clean cozy place, where we all had a nice sized bedroom, lovely bath and a washer and dryer.


Steps to the bedrooms. These were much more reasonable.



We fell in love with this old dove tailed chest.


We had an enclosed court yard.




Not only was there a Home Sweet Home as we walked in the door, but this reminder also!

"What is life for?  It is for you!  Life must be lived, that's all there is to it.  And a good time to live is any time you can.  Today is the gift you may wish you had back tomorrow.  So open your arms and Live, Love, Laugh, Learn and be happy." -Dan Zadra


3 comments:

  1. My partner and I stumbled over here different web page and thought
    I might check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.

    Look forward to looking at your web page repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful to place to stay while visiting. Looks fabulous! I also love that sweet pillow you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house quilt! Did you use the Village pattern or was this your own creation? Regardless, your quilt is a happy quilt.
    What a romantic get-a-way you were fortunate enough to stay in. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete