Thursday, May 16, 2019

Life Is For the Living.......




…… I have been continuing through my little book called Be Happy.  I love to have a positive and thoughtful thing to go to sleep on.  So I will continue to share from this amazing little book that was gifted to me for my birthday a few years back.


After we unpacked and settled in for our stay in Brugge, we set out to walk to the main city square.  Everything is very old.




We walked through narrow streets and alleys.  Occasionally we needed to make way for a car.


I set my own pace, and needless to say I was the caboose.


No golden arches at this McDonalds.


Here we are at the city square.  The sky looks a bit ominous, but it did not rain until we arrived back home.  Isn't it interesting what becomes home while you're traveling.


There are steps to the top of the tower, some planned on climbing them for the view, but they were closed for 2 days for cleaning.  At one time Brugge was the center of trade for all of Europe.



It was a lot to take in!


I need to mention what amazing guides our kids were.  All Bruce and I needed to do was follow along, and that was easy.




This horse and carriage did not look out of place...… but cars did. 


On our walk to the restaurant Jess and chosen for us for dinner, we came across this!  Yes, easy access right out on the street.


We arrived at the restaurant, and it was a fabulous choice.


I chose a fabulous pasta dish.  It had scallops, and its is the kind of dish I still think about.

"Why wait? Life is not a dress rehearsal.  Quit practicing what you're going to do, and just do it.  In one bold stroke you can transform today." -Phillip Markins

3 comments:

  1. That's right -- Just Do It!!!! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the chocolat? We, belgians, have marvelous chocolats and bonbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net, but I know I am getting knowledge every
    day by reading thes pleasant articles.

    ReplyDelete