Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Stitching with friends......


Forty six years ago today, Bruce and I were married.  It was a warm sun shiny day when we began this adventure.  As my Dear Dad would say, "A lot of water has passed under the bridge."  Our life together has endured.  There have been good days, better days and then some days when our sense of commitment kept us steady.  Marriage, is really a lot of hard work, but it certainly has been worth it.  Tonight we are going out to dinner to celebrate, to rejoice over our good fortune, and together look forward to the future.



Today a few dear friends gathered at my house to spend time stitching together.  We have been friends for years, and have shared so many life's experiences with each other.  Leslie brought her Star A Day for a year all completed.  Hand quilted of course.


She also completed this pattern of mine, and has been enjoying it on her kitchen table.  "Live in the Sunshine."


She also completed 3 blocks on the Virginia Reel, and chose to make this table runner.


Barbara, shared this hand pieced quilt with us.  The blocks are so intricate and she loves to hand piece.  This quilt is so stunning done in the plain Amish colors.  This is an antique block that was used on a steamer trunk in the 1800's.  Diane is tucked in her chair completing a binding.


Leslie is knitting dish cloths and Patti is working on a sweater.  It was such a pleasure to have Patti join us today.  She is an amazing lady.  She is 91, lives alone and plants around a 100 Geraniums every year.  We all want to be like her when we grow up.


Recently we had a fantastic quilt show here locally.  My quilts were featured in it, and I was quite amazed to see 2 long rows of my quilts hanging.  Because all of my quilts were hanging I had a small booth space to sell patterns.  Leslie, Gaylyn and Diane stopped by to visit.


While I was putting my booth together, I fell off the latter and smacked my head on the cement floor.  This was the next day.  It looked much worse by the 4th or 5th day.  I decided to take a selfie...….and was quite appalled by my old and wrinkly looking neck!!!


I will share just a few of the quilts from the show.



This quilt was really just delightful.  The quilting was sensational!






I had to look several times to discover the white churn dash.





The quilting is really marvelous on this quilt by Marion McClellan.


Beautiful Blues indeed!

"One thing we can't recycle is wasted time." 
-Unknown

One thing I've come to learn that not wasting time does not mean that one must fill up every hour of the day with activity and doing.  Sometime, I believe that a day filled up with activity can be time wasted.  One must take time to consider, be aware, and count one's blessings.  Go for a walk, appreciate nature, bird song and flowers blooming.  The warmth of the sunshine, and the fragrance of flowers.  Quiet time spent reading a good book that causes one to think and reconsider is also not time wasted.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, do you think the kids and your husband are going to ban you from getting on ladders? Love that low vol churn dash, it wasnt what I saw first up! I was thinking this is an interesting pattern! And it is, just so effective when you change up the colours and put emphasis quilting in different sections, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, beautiful friends. Sorry you had such an ugly mishap with the ladder. Hope you're healing quickly! Happy Anniversary! 46 years is certainly an occasion to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear--thank goodness your injury wasn't worse, but it still looks pretty bad! I hope everything else is okay. Now I'm worried as I planned to be on a ladder today painting my garage--lol!

    ReplyDelete