Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Still unpacking.....




My acquisitions were many.  :-)  I will share as I go along and as I  unpack.  Taking it slow and savoring it all.  Plus I'm slowed down because I continuing with Physical Therapy, and I sold out of several kits while I was gone, so my to do list is kind of long.


Julie surprised me with this wonderful Shaker box.  I love it.  While I was at Julie's during the 2 teaching occasions, she introduced me to Floss Tube.  I fell in love with Carol from The Salt Box House.  She does the most beautiful counted cross stitch.  One of her comments was, "We just love our little sit arounds!"  This will be my new little sit around.  Another special friend of mine, Karen Whitmeyer, calls them things to feather our nest.  Isn't that sweet?


I acquired this sweet little set of drawers..... it was love at first sight.  And since we were driving, there was room to tuck it in.


Then I found this small antique quilt.  It was hand pieced and hand quilted, and I love it.


This is the little sewing box, which I took a class to create.  It is actually more subtly colored than what this picture show.


The inside with all it's little treasures.  I purchased these sweet scissors in a stitchery shop.


This pillow kit was a gift from the new owner of the 'Olde World
Quilt Shoppe in Cave Creek, Arizona.  It is an absolutely beautiful shop with many temptations.  I have many quail in my yard, so I was drawn to this little pillow. 
Many of you have asked me where a good place is to purchase Diamond Textiles.  Well, her shop is loaded with them, and they show them on their web site for ordering.  I highly recommend that you google them and check them out.  And if you are ever in the Phoenix area, you must stop by and see them.


I found time to applique on this trip, and almost have the center of this quilt ready to sew together.  I thought I had them all completed but I did one too many of the wrong block.  I am fascinated by the many alternate designs that show up within the quilt.  I am happy with the chambray for the background.



I mentioned that Barb Adams taught a class on counted cross stitch.
She set up her table with many of her little sit arounds.  The pin keep  on the white plate in the foreground was one of the projects in the class which she taught.  It will be available later in the year for the general public.


It is so sweet.


This is the sewing bag which was also taught in the class.


More treasures on the display table.


Their designs are so lovely.



The free pattern give away today went out To Sue Hoover from Illinois.

 "People who love us for what we are, not for what we have done, are precious support when we're trying to do and be more."
-Peter Mc Williams

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Norma, for your generosity of the free pattern. I loved looking at all the pretty things you brought home. I think my favorites were the "sit around" and the drawers. Super treasures. I was amazed to see on Barb's table all the bird cross stitch projects in your next-to-the-last photo. I happen to have actually one of those! Made me smile! Now that you're home, don't overdo. You are still actively in P/T! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE that little antique crazy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I was wondering where did you purchase your design wall, I would really like one. thanks I enjoy reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. We build retractable design wall check out our website settleinnquilt.com We have free shipping if you have any questions send us a email or give us a call.

    ReplyDelete