Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Home, is just where I want to be!




After 25 days, I am home at last.  I enjoyed all of my travels and adventures, but there is no place like home!


First of all to celebrate being home, I have the pattern Home is Best available to the first person who emails me @ norma@timelesstraditionsquilts .com 


I thought I'd start with the fantastic retreat at Quilter Station in Lee's Summit, Mo.   I taught this quilt and had such great ladies in my class.  This block was made easily by all of them.  :-)


Rita made fabulous kits from her over the top amazing store.  When we arrived at her store, there was a busload of quilters visiting from Ohio.  This is definitely a destination quilt shop.



Then I taught an all day class on the Potholder Quilt.  I also taught these two projects at Grand Country Quilters, in San Marcos, Ca.


I had a night class on making this little pillow.  Such fun!  It was all over too soon.


Dawn Shuck of Sew Cherished taught a class on making this delightful wool wall hanging.


She also taught the above wool project, the one with the two horses.  I really was drawn to this design.


The next three items were taught by Coleen Faulkner of Whackadoo Yarns.  This is a rug hooking project using her hand dyed yarn.  This method would be similar to punch needle.





Dawn Shuck made these three sheep...… this was not a class, but every one thought they were adorable.


Shawn Williams of Threads that Bind taught some fun punch needle classes.


Pam Buda taught a couple of her beautiful pieced design.  I purchased her new book.  I'll show you a picture of it when I have a chance to go through all of my acquisitions!



I bought the book, mainly for this stunning 2 colored quilt which I fell in love with!

Someone showed me their little pocket purse which was taught by Maggie Bonnomi.  This is the pocket side, which is the back of the purse.



And of course this is the front.

I took a class from Lori Markovic of La-D-Da cross stitch.
Now I must find time to cross stitch!!!

Also, Barb Adams of Blackbird Designs taught a darling sewing bad with a pin keep.  I will have to go through my pictures, I will see if I have a picture of the projects.

This really is a great retreat with a marvelous assortment of classes.  It will be held again next July.  You really should consider attending it.

"Relationships create the fabric of our lives.  They are the fibers that weave all things together."

I developed many new friendships, and of course enjoyed reuniting with the women who have been there during the previous years of teaching at this retreat!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Good to "hear" from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love that pattern. So many pictures of great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo much fun! Wonderful projects, I love the button fringe on the wallhanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time! Love the quilts and stitchery projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a grand time! But as Dorothy says clicking the heels of her ruby red slippers....there's no place like home. You have inspired me to work on the many projects I have going so that I can add in a few more. I absolutely love your pot holder quilt. It makes me smile every time I see it. And when it's done....it's done.

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I order the "Home is Best" pattern? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete